Sunday 22 December 2013

Assignment 5 Project Shooting and processing

As you can see I have done a fair bit of research into choosing an event and then researching the event itself and exploring avenues to market my work, developing a publishing plan. Next in line is the shooting and processing. I carefully considered the equipment I would need or might need, purchased an extra battery, lens hood and a wet weather cover so I covered all the eventualities with regards to the weather. I made a flash "card" to bounce light and soften it if needed and quickly read up a little information about shooting at night with a flash but this if anything has highlighted the need for more exploration of lighting techniques.

So check list was :


  • 3 camera batteries fully charged and shirt with pockets so they kept warm and didn't lose charge.
  • Memory card in camera plus spares formatted and packed in bag
  • Camera sensor clear from dust
  • Lens clean and free from dust/grease spots
  • Lens selection adequate for needs - final choice was for my  EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. It has a constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range and a 3-stop Image Stabilizer, making ideal for a good performance and framing flexibility in low light conditions.
  • Bounce Card
  • Wet weather cover
  • Lens Hood
  • Tripod/Monopod if needed
  • memorise shot list - take it with me as a reminder

I have a set workflow and it was my intention to follow the same procedures that I always have :

  • shoot event
  • upload using Adobe Bridge and custom template
  • name images with event name and date use auto numbering from 1
  • archive onto external drive working copies on hard drive final selects to be written to disc
  • use Adobe Bridge star rating system for first and second selects
  • process selects - double check select choices
  • caption images - complete metadata
  • prepare marketable package - upload to website for download or burn hi-res to disc for mailing
  • prepare lo-res for display

Everything researched, equipment primed I was ready to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment