So check list was :
- 3 camera batteries fully charged and shirt with pockets so they kept warm and didn't lose charge.
- Memory card in camera plus spares formatted and packed in bag
- Camera sensor clear from dust
- Lens clean and free from dust/grease spots
- Lens selection adequate for needs - final choice was for my EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. It has a constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range and a 3-stop Image Stabilizer, making ideal for a good performance and framing flexibility in low light conditions.
- Bounce Card
- Wet weather cover
- Lens Hood
- Tripod/Monopod if needed
- memorise shot list - take it with me as a reminder
I have a set workflow and it was my intention to follow the same procedures that I always have :
- shoot event
- upload using Adobe Bridge and custom template
- name images with event name and date use auto numbering from 1
- archive onto external drive working copies on hard drive final selects to be written to disc
- use Adobe Bridge star rating system for first and second selects
- process selects - double check select choices
- caption images - complete metadata
- prepare marketable package - upload to website for download or burn hi-res to disc for mailing
- prepare lo-res for display
Everything researched, equipment primed I was ready to go....