Saturday 9 October 2010

Camera Equipment...

Being a methodical person but also with a tendancy to go "oh I can do that" I am trying to do this in the correct order, kind of like a mini workflow exercise, which is my first task to complete. I want to make sure all background info is covered and I know what I am doing before I end up doing something completely daft ;o)

My thought process tells me that learning also includes learning to use what equipment I have, how sometimes you have to improvise,  learn the way around any problems or what other equipment would be useful to have/borrow. On that note it would be useful from the start to list what equipment I have so deep breath :

Canon 400d  for the technically minded amongst you the spec is given as follows;

  • 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
  • EOS Integrated Cleaning System
  • 2.5" LCD
  • 9-point wide-area AF
  • Picture Styles
  • DIGIC II
  • 3fps with up to 27 frame burst
  • DPP RAW image processing software
  • Compact and lightweight
  • EF/EF-S lens and EX Speedlite flash compatible  

taken from the canon website the full blurb can be read here http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos_400d/index.aspx

From personal experience I'd dispute some of their flag waving but I still love my canon :o) Despite the EOS Integrated Cleaning system I still have several dust spots on my sensor and need to get it cleaned. Cloning skies is becoming a chore ;o). The LCD could still be larger but tend to use the histogram for reading exposure anyway. I also like to fire off a series of shots and look at them uploaded to the pc than judge the result on camera.

EFS 18-55mm kit lens 1:3.5-5.6
EF 100mm Macro USM 1:2.8
EF70-300mm IS USM 1:4-5.6
EF 50mm 1:1.8

58mm skylight and polorizing filters
Basic Jessops Tripod
Canon Cable release
Canon Speedlight Flash ....but I don't use it that often and having put it in a safe place over the summer now need to find it ;o)

Epson R300 with CIS for draft prints and archiving
Epson R285 for printing photographs.

PC with Windows/Office 2003
Adobe Photoshop CS4

No comments:

Post a Comment