Sunday 22 May 2011

Assignment 1: seasonal colour changes

Not quite sure of some things possibly in the pipeline so am halting progression on this assignment until I get confirmation of a possible change of direction...but as I hate unfinished elements in my life am going to play with at least one image to prove to myself I was going to have fun with this part....

I decided to really throw down the gauntlet and pick an image which had spring written all over it and had lots of foliage...I mean how can you make a tree full of leaves look like winter? So here is how it went after a first attempt...


Spring
 This was the original spring shot taken a few weeks back. Bright green leaves and lots of blue bluebells.



Summer
 Here I did some alterations using various adjustment layers and making minor tweaks to local selected areas. The greens were darkened as leaves naturally become darker in the summer and the colour of the flowers were changed to a shade resembling foxgloves which can be found in the woods in summer months. Contrast was also increased as the sunlight would be brighter and stronger at the same time of day.

Autumn
Changing hue/satuaration for the trees to autumnal colours wasn't too difficult and once more employing different layers I tried to make them have differing shades. The trickiest bart on this one was the blubells, I couldnt get them to have a decent looking "dead brownish"  look at all. intermingled as they are with the grass was hard..went for a frosty look instead but am not convinced.....I may have another shot but seeing as it isn't probably going to be submitted I don't know if I will, other than for personal satisfaction? Also experimented with adding a slight autumnal mist, never done it before and quite pleased with how it has turned out...shame the bluebells underneath look naff ;o)

Winter
Last but not least cold winter feel.....trying to give a cold frosty, sprinkling of snow effect, not turned out too bad, if I was going to pick on anything would be the leaf at the front...guess I could see if I could clone it out....
To compare...

On the whole quite pleased with the initial playing about, may go back and do the little tweakiy bits....but who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment